White Wood

Sunday, April 15, 2012

Little Things

I should be having some exciting things to share soon because - WE GOT OUR PIANO!!  and I finished some bigger pieces of furniture.  But in the meantime, I wanted to show you some little things I've finished.  The first is something that's been finished and hanging in our house for a long time, but I thought I might share anyways.  I had seen on pinterest a photo frame out of a window like this:


So when I was at the flea market back in November I picked up a window frame.  It was a little different because it was more narrow and divided.  I used twine instead of wire to hang my photos off of.  Here is what I made...


It hangs in our front hallway.


A quoteable card I like and a picture of my Papa :).


My mom and dad in college!

My beautiful bridesmaids and a vintage postcard of the park that we were married in.
Next to this spot where this hangs I am working on wall of plates, frames, and other things.  It is a work in progress, but here is some of what hangs there.

(Shoutout to Miss Abby Bachman for the fun Francis photo - great wedding gift!)

In my thrifting searches lately I've found a lot of candle wall sconces.  No before pictures, but I can assure you they look much better than before :). The first is on the brown wall.  It is in Annie Sloan Old White.




The next I found I painted in Greek Blue.  They had a mirror in the background, but I wanted to try something different.  I decided to try antiquing the mirror.  It was my first go at this and in the end I think I took off a bit too much of the original mirror.  To remedy this problem I found what I think was a neat solution!  I mod podged pages from an old book onto the back of the mirror to peak through where there was no longer any mirror showing.  It may be a tad hard to tell in the pictures, but here are the results...







Kinda fun right?  These along with some smaller old white sconces will hopefully be available on Etsy soon!

















No comments:

Post a Comment