White Wood

Monday, May 21, 2012

Antique Emperor's Silk Chair

Hello Friends!

I am more on my game this week and I am ready to share my latest project - an AWESOME chair that I picked up from Goodwill.   It is from the Milwaukee Chair Company and just a fun piece of furniture.  I did some research on the company and found that they made chairs for many legal companies as well as US Capitol Building.  I also found it was worth much more than what I paid for it.  Therefore, I would consider this a find!


Here is the little beauty before.  It wasn't necessarily that I disliked it or felt it needed a huge change before, but it was banged up and had some random paint flecks on it -- so I decided to paint it :). Here is the final look...






The neat antique-y bottom of the chair.



Close up on the distressing.



I hope you think its as cute as I do!





6 comments:

  1. Oh, this is GORGEOUS in red! Love love love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. did you use a dark was or glaze in it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope, I just used Annie Sloan Chalk Pain in Emperor's Silk as is and finished with her clear wax :). It's so easy to use and finishes beautifully!

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Useful information shared..I am very happy to read this article..thanks for giving us nice info.Fantastic walk-through. I appreciate this post.I have Bookmark this webpage,I am sure I will visit this place again soon.Thanks for sharing.
    vintage suitcase

    ReplyDelete